Friday, September 21, 2007

And The Universe Says YES!

Sorry ... just trying to figure out this mothering thing over here. I used to hate it when a blogger would drop off the face of the earth right after having a baby. Right when you were just getting so excited to see those big cheeks and read about all the snuggles... BAM. GONE... for weeks and sometimes months.

So, I guess I'm that blogger, because I never realized that maybe they had, I don't know, a LIFE. And a baby that maybe didn't sleep either.

We're working on the sleeping thing and still limping along with the breastfeeding. We have our good days and our difficult days. Some days I feel like mother earth, life giving, snuggling my baby girl breastfeeding her. Other days I feel like an over-milked cow and like I've been sucked dry. Probably because most times I have been sucked dry. I don't produce enough milk but we've reduced her formula supplementation to one bottle a day, which usually happens at night right before sleeping.

Speaking of sleeping - we're getting better on that too. Two steps forward one step back, but we're getting there. Two nights ago she slept from 10pm to 4am - which rocked! and then back to sleep till 8ish. Last night we slipped back a bit though as she woke up at 1, 3, 5, and 7. I was miserable after that and she was also not interested in her regular naptime at 2 this afternoon so I didn't get that little boost of sleep either.

Also some good news about work. I was told yesterday that I have been granted part-time when I come back from maternity leave (which is in two weeks!). Three days in the office and 2 days working from home for only 4 hours each of those days. My pay is pro-rated and I keep all my benefits including PTO, Holidays, and 401K. How sweet is THAT?! I never knew they did that kind of thing at my work - who knows maybe I'm a special situation but I ain't complaining that's for sure.

Here's my lovely:

2 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im so glad you are back and that your both doing well! My first isnt here just yet but I understand your needing a break to adjust to your new life.
Awesome news about your work being so felxable, that has to make you very happy.
Those little thighs are just delicious! What is it about baby rolls that are so sweet?

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another month has slipped by. I do hope that you are all doing well and your adjusting to being back to work. I also hope that this isnt the end of your blogging days.
Hope your back soon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home