Thursday, March 06, 2008

Assignment

I've been instructed by my therapist to begin writing each morning. The interesting this about this particular task is that I have been told to write even when I feel as if their is nothing to write about.

Just.like.today.

Basically his theory - and one I fully agree with - is that when my life finds a balance, so to speak, I begin to ignore the "girls in the back". The analogy he used is that I'm the CEO of this company - my body/brain/self whatever. In being the CEO I focus my attention on external projects. Those projects are usually work, making dinner, changing diapers, doing laundry - the general tasks of living. In the constant focus on the external I tend to ignore the workers in the back as it were. I ignore my factory workers and don't pay much attention to them until they're staging a riot and setting fires to the factory.

Get it?

Yes, ok - moving on!

The task of writing when I'm on an even keel is meant to help me have daily meetings with the factory workers hopefully creating more of an open communication between the front end (output) and the back end (internal angst). Thus eliminating these outbursts I experience and/or major meltdowns that have occurred (oddly) every 4 or 5 years in my life.

Consider this day one - and you're absolutely suppose to bitch at me when you don't see a post by midday. That of course only counts for Mon-Thurs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home